Thursday, January 15, 2009

Stranger Things Have Happened

As many of you know, we were concerned about our big dog, Cloud, and how he would adjust to having Owen in the house.  Well, we have been pleasantly surprised with how he has been with Owen.  You can tell  he loves this little guy.  When I feed Owen in the middle of the night, Cloud follows me into the nursery and waits / sleeps patiently until I am done feeding.   Bonnie, our Jack Russell, has also been very good with Owen.  Both of the dogs love the little guy! And they both are very attentive to him, and his cries.  When they hear him start to fuss, both of the dogs will look at both Sean and I to make sure we are taking care of him. Also Miss Bonnie, thinks that Owen is her baby....she is that protective of him...it is too cute:) It is such a blessing, and an answer to prayer!! 

Here is Cloud sleeping in the nursery last night...this is officially "his spot" in the nursery. 

We have officially moved Owen to his crib in the nursery!  I thought I would have done it a little sooner, but at least he is now in his crib.  I am going to take down his bassinet tonight.  I think it is going to be harder than I think!  He sleeps wonderfully in his crib, except during his fussy time 10pm -12am!  During his fussy time, he doesn't want to sleep anywhere...Hopefully he will eventually grow out of that fussy time...and choose another more convenient time...yeah right in my dreams :)

Owen is doing great!  He went in for a weight check on Tuesday, and has FINALLY gained back his birth weight and then some:-)  He now weighs 7lbs 7oz!! 

Here is a little video of him playing on the Boppy Entertain me Center, while watching the Syracuse basketball game with Daddy! 


1 comment:

E said...

What a cutie. I am glad things are going well with the dog.

I love your "baby talk" voice! Who would have thought!