Sunday, January 11, 2009

Big Weekend!

We had a wonderful weekend!  Sean and I celebrated our 5th anniversary on Friday!!! Our good friends Aaron and Jen babysat for us on Friday night, while Sean and I went to a nice dinner down in McKinney. We got dressed up, I got in "normal" clothes and enjoyed the evening together as a couple.  It was nice to be alone, but so hard to be away from Owen, we knew he was in good hands.  I was able to supply enough milk for Jen to give him a bottle while we were out.  Jen said that he was an angel while we were gone!  What a blessing to know that he behaved:-) 

Also Mr. Owen was 4 weeks on Friday!  I can't believe it! He continues to eat well, and he is sleeping well also.  He has his fussy times, and unfortunately it is consistently at 10pm to 12am. Hopefully that will soon pass.  I am blessed that I have 9 more weeks at home with him! 

Here is Owen enjoying his  Boppy Entertain me center...he loves it! 

On Saturday, Sean and I went to Allen, to pick up a few things and we to a nice lunch out.  Owen did great the whole time we were out.  I think we are all getting adjusted nicely:-)  

Today we attempted to get to church once again, and failed again!  We will get the hang of this eventually.  By the time I fed and changed Owen, we were running about 5-10 minutes behind schedule, by the time we made it to church, the parking lot was PACKED...there literally was NO parking spots.  And we were already 10 minutes late and rather than making a scene walking into a CROWDED hall, we opted out.  We are optimistic that next Sunday will be our lucky day! 

It was so great to be out of the house for a few days this weekend!  I haven't completely felt cabin fever, because there is always something to do, but it was nice to be out in the "real world"!  The next big feat will be going out on my own...I don't know if I am brave enough for that yet...


3 comments:

E said...

I meant to call you on Friday, and I even said to Jack, "Today is Jen and Sean's anniversary"! I am sorry that I did not call.

I am proud of you for leaving your little man to enjoy a night with your sweetie pie. After all, your marriage is the reason he exists, right? Never forget that! :)

I love you! Have a great week!

Lisa said...

Happy Anniversary girl. Glad you guys were able to get out. I'm sure it was hard to leave Owen behind.

Probably better you weren't able to go to church... honestly with all the germs might be good to stay away.

Lisa said...

Actually I think I brought both of my girls to church around 1 month... it just seems like he is still so little. I guess you just forget when your kiddos are bigger. Anyway, just don't bring him in the nursery (which I'm sure you weren't planning to!)... so many snotty nosed kids (like mine!).

Oh and I you will do just fine getting out on your own. Just go someplace during the week to like Tartget in the morning when its quiet and he will probably just sleep. I was out with my girls probably way to early... like within a week... but I don't do the whole stay at home thing well. I'm sure you are going stir crazy too!