Wednesday, January 28, 2009

All you Mothers!

My friend Jamie e-mailed me this article literally a day or so after I had Owen.  I remember reading it and LOVING it.  I know I forwarded it on to many of those in my e-mail list.  For those who haven't read this article it is such a good read, and SO true! It is amazing how BLIND I was about motherhood until I became a mother myself.  

To all of my friends who have had kids while I was in the oblivious/ blind / didn't understand stage, I want to express my dearest apologies.  I have realized recently since having Owen, that I truly did not understand what it meant to be a mother until the moment I became one.  If I came across as insensitive as "Tacoma, Wash." in the above article, I deeply, deeply apologize!  Please, Please accept my apology to all of you,  I am so sorry if I came across as insensitive, uninterested, or generally confused when it came to interacting with you after you had kids.  I want to say that I wasn't uninterested, it literally was that I didn't UNDERSTAND....and didn't know what it meant, or how it felt once you held your baby in your own arms, and you were able to call yourself "mom".  And since I didn't understand, and didn't know the right questions to ask, I may have distanced myself, thus losing touch.  

This experience of becoming a mom, and becoming a family has been eye opening and a true joy to be a part of something so wonderful!  I always knew I wanted to raise a family with Sean, and it took a while for us to be ready.  And I thank God everyday for the blessings that he has given me, and my new family.  I am not worthy of His wonderful gifts, and am truly humbled that He gave us our beautiful son, Owen. 


1 comment:

The Varmettes said...

I love it!
The taking 45 minutes to do something that others do in 15 is something I totally didn't get before and now have a very good understanding. And we aren't even up to the snowsuit stage.