Friday, January 23, 2009

6 Weeks Old Today!

I seriously can't believe how fast time flies.  When I was pregnant, I remember thinking that 13 weeks maternity leave was going to feel like a very long time. Oh boy was I wrong!  I can't believe that my little boy is already 6 weeks old, and I will have to go back to work in 7 weeks!  I don't want to start thinking about going back to work just yet, I am just enjoying every minute at home with him.  What an absolute blessing that I have 13 weeks with him.  Many normal HR policies would have me back to work on Monday...well maybe 2 weeks later since I had a c-section.  But nonetheless, that doesn't seem like a long time to be at home with the little one. 

He is changing so much everyday!  I can't believe it.  I  actually caught one of his smiles on camera today!  

 I know the days will be more and more fulfilling as the time goes on!  He is such a joy! 


Speaking of going back to work, I found a babysitter when I do go back to work. YEAH:)  Such a relief, and  weight off my shoulders!   It was such an answer to prayer.  She just moved to our town from another town about 10 minutes away.  She has 4 kids she watches and literally just got an opening today!  Perfect timing! 

Not only is Owen 6 weeks old today, I also had my 6 week check up and I am in good health!  I am cleared for exercise...and other unmentionables :) YAHOO!! I can't wait to start working out and running again!!!  I know it is going to be slow at first, I have to get my stamina back up.  I won't be able to hit the ground running 3 miles a day like I used to, but slowly but surely I will get back there!  Hopefully I will be back in my "real" pre-pregnancy clothes soon! 

Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

E said...

:) Call me when you aren't BUSY! HE HE!